Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia can begin before you see them. The people who experience these changes in behavior are, believe it or not, the first to notice them, even if they don’t recognize it. Mistakes can be brushed aside, justified with a smirk or even argued over, but at some point, you’ll have to pause and consider what to do next because of the changes in their behavior. The following is a list for warning signs of memory loss that you should be aware of:
- People with memory loss have trouble recalling current events, yet they may recollect events from the past with ease.
- Repeating themselves, such as by repeatedly asking the same question.
- When finding the appropriate word to express oneself becomes a challenge.
- Frequently misinterpreting or misunderstanding what is said in a conversation.
- Challenges concentrating, comprehending new ideas or solving problems.
- Difficulty with common daily chores such as money management, driving and managing prescriptions, to name a few.
- Confusion about time or place, such as forgetting what time, date or season it is.
- Getting lost while driving, especially in well-known areas.
- Poor problem-solving and reasoning abilities.
- Judgment that is skewed, such as a lack of consideration for consequences.
- Irresponsible decision-making is also widespread when it comes to money.
- Loss of initiation, characterized by a withdrawal from usual activities and interests, such as hobbies, work projects and social interactions.
Mountain Plaza senior living in Casper WY provides personal care in a residential setting for persons who are unable to live independently and require assistance with everyday activities including washing, dressing, eating and medication administration, as well as additional care and oversight due to memory impairments.
For more information about assisted living in Casper WY, please give us a call at 307.232.0100.